Military verifies if foreign terrorist killed in ops PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 20 March 2017 11:42

By LIZA JOCSON

The military is verifying reports that at least one foreign and two local terrorists were killed in the latest round of offensives launched by government troops in Maguindanao.

A report from the Western Mindanao Command identified the foreign terrorist as Muhammad Ali bin Abdulrahman aka Muawiyah.

Two other local terrorists, Salahuddin Hassan and Esmael Abdulmalik aka Abu Toryape, were reported to have been killed in recent air strikes by the military.

Hassan is a local terrorist and a bomber said to have been trained by the late Zulkifli Abd Hir aka Marwan, another foreign terrorist who was killed by troopers of the Special Action Force in Maguindanao.

Abdulmalik is the founder of the Dawlah Islamiyah Maguindanao and a Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighter Brigade Commander.

The terrorists were reportedly killed in massive air strikes and ground combat operations launched by the military against Abdulrahman in a three-day operation last week.

The operations led to the neutralization of 47 terrorists holed up in Central Mindanao.

The operations also led to the discovery of Improvised Explosive Devices and related components in the area.

“The recovery from the area of manuals for IED-making indicate that the slain terrorists are giving instructions on how to assemble explosive devices and launch bombing attacks,” said Western Mindanao Command Spokesperson Capt Joann Petinglay.

The group is also conducting IED training among newly recruited members from different provinces including those from the Maute group, with test missions that target NGCP towers, public areas and conveyances, according to Petinglay. (Liza Jocson)